Dr. Benjamin Spock is America’s most trusted name in child care and parenting, and his essential guidebook has topped bestseller lists for over sixty-five years. This fully revised and updated edition of the classic manual provides first time and experienced parents the best information about caring for new babies, toddlers, and adolescents in the twenty-first century.
All of Dr. Spock’s invaluable, time-tested advice is here, along with the most current medical practices and advances in health care. While still covering key parenting issues like accidents, illnesses and injuries, this edition of the classic also contains the latest on:
* Nutrition and childhood obesity
* Cultural diversity
* Alternative and non-traditional family structures
* Children’s learning and brain development
* Raising children with special needs
* Environmental health
* Increasingly common disorders such as ADHD, childhood depression, and autism—including medications and behavioral interventions
* Children and the media, including screen time, video games, and the internet
Updated by leading pediatrician Robert Needlman, the book includes a revised glossary of common medications and a resource guide that compiles the most reliable online resources. This indispensable guide is still the next best thing to Dr. Spock’s #1 rule of parenting: “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”No parenting library is complete without this childcare classic. Recently revised, the sixth edition still provides the sensible, compassionate advice and hard-core how-to-do-it tips that Dr. Spock has always been famous for. Whether it’s mixing formula, treating chicken pox, or dealing with divorce or a child’s homosexuality, Dr. Spock is the man.
- Used Book in Good Condition